Entrepreneurship is going to have ups and downs, there is no way to avoid that. The following 5 rules will make your financial life more predictable and set you up to have a greater chance of reaching your financial goals. They apply to both your work and your private life.
You will also hear
- What separates a financially stressed business owner from one that embraces life with confidence and hope
- What could be worse than losing your business
- Why owners of seven and eight figure businesses may still not have financial peace of mind
- How honest, hardworking people are getting involved in fast money making schemes every day despite the risks, and why they are tempting.
- Why having debt should not stop you from doing things you want.
- The difference between Guarantees and Guaranteed and why one is a con
- A simple tip for affording the big purchases
This show, or any resources mentioned, is not a substitute for obtaining proper financial and or legal advice from a qualified professional who is familiar with your specific situation. Also be aware that the information contained may not be suitable for every person or organisation.
Shine the Light
This is part of the show where I shine the light on great people and resources that you may find inspirational or helpful.
Today it is:
Get Rich Slowly It is actually a blog where people contribute the tips on what works financially. It was one of the first sites dedicated to personal finance that I kept up with. At that time the founder JD Roth was still the resident expert, but it was great for seeing how other people managed their money. Particularly when I was going through a rough patch, I was hungry for information.
It is a US site, so the products advertised won’t necessarily relate to you in the UK. But hey, you are not there to spend anyway, are you?
Show Links & Resources
http://serialpodcast.org/how-to-listen (This is brilliantly done)