Watch Video Below:
“Can I pick your brain?” is the sentence that can keep business people in the poor house. Listen to how this entrepreneur got out from under the pressure of giving lots of advice for little financial reward, and built a sustainable business.
My guest today is Kathy Ennis. She specialises in getting small, micro businesses, freelancers and self-employed individuals to live up to their true business potential.
As a successful small business owner herself Kathy is the first to admit that it didn’t come without its trials and tribulations. This is why she is passionate about sharing her knowledge and experience with others, so that their businesses will become everything they ever dreamed of.
Every small business wants to get new clients and make more profit; without taking up lots of money or loads of time.
Listen to her story of how she went from thinking she was a business person to the realisation she was “playing around”. The effect on her finances; and the big changes she had to make to be taken seriously.
You will also hear
- How starting with a financial cushion actually gave her a false sense of security
- Tips on choosing a name for your company
- What forced her change from a sole trader to a limited company
- Her unique perspective on what personal branding versus image management really is, and how to use them to your advantage
- How the effects of the recession hit her business hard and how she had to reinvent herself to get customers again.
- How she had to confront the financial side of her business even though she is not a numbers person.
- How she transitioned from giving away advice for free to giving the same advice for a fee and how people responded.
- Why you shouldn’t model other people
And much more
This show, or any resources mentioned, is not a substitute for obtaining proper financial and or legal advice from a qualified professional who is familiar with your specific situation. Also be aware that the information contained may not be suitable for every person or organisation.
Facebook: – Kathy Ennis Your Brand is You
Email: [email protected]
Link to book: How to Spot a Dinosaur by Susie Kay & Kathy Ennis
Show Links & Resources
http://serialpodcast.org/how-to-listen (This is brilliantly done)